Surgery Done

Posted , 5 users are following.

I did it guys. But hey no pain no gain. I wonder if mine was worse than yours because i did bunionectomy and osteotomy, oh its so painful but taking pain killers four hourly really helps. Thanks for your encouragement

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Great news discomfort will go soon

Take it easy as walking around will bring it on more it will go soon and you will forget it

And the swelling will seem like it take ages to go but it will just bare with it

Hope it all goes well and by the summer you be flip flopping all over the place

• Posted

Hello. I truly believe that by then I'll be jumping up n down. Thank you my dear
  • Posted

Good for you. I've had 5 surgeries on my left foot and 5 or 6 on my right foot. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis and have major deformities of my toes. I have so much metal in me, I would probably set off the xray machines at the airport. I'm a pro. If it swells, ice packs help to keep down the swelling. Keep them elevated and don't get up much on them and take your pain pills a little before it should wear off. You willl come through it and do fine.
    • Posted

Hi Janice. I'm doing just that,but so many ops...you are very strong.Thank you
  • Posted

Well done you !

i am 3 weeks in now, can't wait to get more mobile !

i had both bunions and 4 toes on each foot straightened as we're all hammered !

keep in touch, off to get my dressings done x

• Posted

Hi. I hope everything went well on your check-up,I'm going tomorrow Wednesday for my first one after and don't know what to expect. I just want this cast out. Today I was feeling down regretting doing this operation.
  • Posted

Hi, I'm 6 days post op from a double bunionectomy and osteotomy and I can definitely advise keeping on top of regular pain relief!

I got cocky on Sunday and hardly had any pain killers because I felt I didn't need them and yesterday I was cocky again - stood for too long, didn't elevate my feet at times when I sat down and walked up and down stairs too many times.  Late last night and today I am feeling it!!

We really do need to rest, elevate and ice as much as possible.  Sounds boring, and it can be, but it really does help.

Congratulations on getting through the op and hopefully your recovery is smooth.

• Posted

Hi. It is not smooth at all,I try taking pain killers 4 hourly but it doesn't help at all. What I know for sure is that I regret doing this op, the pain I was feeling before is nothing compared to this even though I couldn't wear closed shoes anymore.
    • Posted

Hi Biff. I can't wait for tomorrow, it will be my first check-up and 8 days post op but I can't wait to take out the cast,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.