Surgery for Slient Reflux disorder

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well, I finally got to the bottom of this situation.  I had to get my primary dr. to explain everything that the LPR dr. didn't!  She said "he's a good surgeon but has terrible bedside manner".  No kidding!  Anyway, the name of the surgery he wants to do is called cricopharyngevs myotomy (top of the esocphagus) and the Stretta procedure which is the bottom esocphagus.   Has anyone had this surgery, or know someone whose had this surgery?  I really need some feedback before I do it.  

Thanks,

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Sorry Im no expert but here's a link to a recent study that appears to be due for a write up this Year; 

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01880892

My understandings are the top sphincter is the problem for us allowing the reflux up into our throats and beyond. Im sure you know all this but it was all new to me as a recent sufferer. I'll follow this with interest as getting both ends sorted seems a possible option to getting rid of this dreadful disease. All the very best

• Posted

Hi, I do not know about the top one, but Stretta is a therapy more like an endoscopy with therapy, which I'm considering myself for the near future. ;-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.