Surgery in 2 days..

Posted , 10 users are following.

I go in Tuesday. I'm scared, but also hopeful that my health will improve. Its been great reading everyones tips and experiences. I'll make sure to post updates on my surgery!

3 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I am going for surgery on July 31, too. Quality of life is so important to me. I loved when I can eat what ever my eyes would see before I got diverticulitis this April 2, 2018.
  • Posted

Best of luck to you! Please do keep us posted I bet in no time at all you will be a happier healthy woman My prayers are with you!!!!!😁

• Posted

Jenny I wish u all the best, you will be fine, don’t forget to let us know how wonderful the Doctor’s and Nurse’s treated u 💖

• Posted

Thank you all for the encouragement and happy thoughtssmile, I'll make sure to update with progress

• Posted

Jenny, your positive attitude is great !  It’s exactly what will take you directly to improved health and happiness.....and watch how fast it happens! 
  • Posted

I had surgery eight weeks ago. 13 inches of my colon removed (sigmoid and partial  descending colon).  I also had my appendix removed and my sigmoid colon was stuck to my bladder, which caused a lot of bladder problems prior to surgery. I had superior bladder wall thickening caused by colon inflammation and was shedding bladder tissue about 1-2 times a week when I urinated. Also, when my surgeon went in, she found a small hernia below my belly button which she repaired as well.  Needless to say, with everything I had going on, I was scared to death and thought the worst of my potential prognosis. 

Although I had quite a bit of stuff done during surgery, I must say that my quality-of-life is 1,000,000% better. I’m being a little dramatic, but despite the fact that I was very scared prior to this surgery, everything turned out great.

I want to encourage you to stay strong, know that this surgery will help you lead a normal life with minimal impact afterwards and everything will be fine! 

I wish you the very best of luck and hope to see updates on this website after your surgery is complete as you recover. smile

• Posted

Best of luck! You will feel a lot better afterwards! I had mine April 2018 robotically. I feel so much better!
  • Posted

I wish you the best. Thing about being able to eat anything you want and have a good quality of life. 
  • Posted

Jenny.  Good luck tomorrow. I am 7 weeks post op, and my recovery was slow but that was because I was mostly alone, and over did it by lifting too much.  Please remember to take it very easy when you get out of the hospital.  I will be thinking about you. 
    • Posted

Thank yousmile! I will for sure do my best to take it easy..It's easy to do more than you should for sure, definitely something for me to be mindful of

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.