Surgery in a week, not sure what to expect, any response appreciated!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello all! I am having a group of ENT surgeries done on July 9th (12 days, eek!) I have yet to find anyone who is having this group of procedure done, and am wondering if any wonderful people out there could help me out on what to expect! 

I started by asking my surgeon to remove my tonsils, as I have a lot of deep crevices and large tonsil stones that are very gross, very painful, and a daily problem. We then started talking about my multiple sinus infections (sinus drainage is causing the tonsil stones) and my inability to sleep due to congestion. All in all I am having my tonsils and adenoids removed, my lower turbinates removed, my deviated septum repaired, and my nostrils widened/reinforced with more cartilage to stop them from collapsing. 

I have been told I will be in bed unable to raise my blood pressure at all for the first two weeks, on a liquid diet. I know I will probably have to deal with nasal splits and packings as well as the mustache bandage. I know I will probably need someone to do most everything for me for a while and that I need to stay away from anything that can cause me to cough/sneeze. 

I’m just freaking out. It’s a lot for one go and I’m looking for any personal accounts of how long it will take before I want to swallow a bullet. Any stories or words of encouragement are appreciated 🙃 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Actually it was 12 days when I wrote this for another forum 😅 now its 9 Days and I’m officially needing anxiety medication for the nerves! 

Has anyone had these surgeries or anything close? Am I making a mistake or is it worth it in the end?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.