Surgery May 1st

Posted , 6 users are following.

Very nervous about this. Shaving A/C, repairing Labral tear and cutting bicep muscle...

Anyone else willing to share simular surgery and how it went?

I live by myself so I guess I'll be becoming left handed real soon lol.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am just starting my 13th week after rotator cuff surgery.  Only the last couple of weeks has the pain lessened.  Though I still had pain in my shoulder, I felt the majority of the pain during those weeks was in the bicep tendon.  For about 10 weeks, I was taking 2 -3 opiod pills a day. The pain was unbearable and I watched the clock until I could take my next pill.   Then suddenly the pain cloud lifted about week 11 when I either now take no pills, 1/2 pill or one maybe before or after therapy.  I still have pain, but it is manageble with Motrin.  A couple of milestones I've noticed this week is that I can now tip back in my chair, with both hands clapsed behind my head (I didn't even realize I was doing this).  Another milestone this week is that I can fasten my bra from the back.  It hurts a bit, but I can do it. Anyway, you will get through this day by day.  Keep posting on your progress.  WIshing you well.  

• Posted

Hope you are making it through so far and I know how hard it is to do this alone, so hopefully you've got some help. I'm approaching week 6 and hoping to be released to do pt because I have torn my other shoulder, which hurts now worse than the shoulder surgery did before surgery! So, be positive, it gets you through a lot!!

• Posted

Oh Kristen, how terrible. You have some challenges ahead of you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and best wishes for your healing of both shoulders! sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.