Surgery of craniofacial fracture after motorcycle accident

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had an accident 2weeks ago. My motorcycle fell on a hole dug by some iresponsable Contractor and did Not Bother to put any warning sign. I am with My son and we were both thrown To the Other end Of the Road. Everything happened so fast and the next thing I knew is we were Lying on the ground and Blood pouring from the right side OF My Face. Did Not Feel any pain that time, just fear and shocked and anxious. thankfully my son only got minor wounds and scrapes, but I broke My cheekbone and eye socket and this required surgery. I have some wounds and scrapes that are healing now. I still have to see the surgeon and ophtalmologist next week to see what is his approach/how is the surgery gonna be done. Would just like to get some Insights from  Whoever here experienced Or witnessed the same situation or procedure. Thanks all. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheene, how absolutely devastating for you, so you have had some surgery and now your going to have more, I'm sure your in good hands and they will do everything to make sure your looks are restored, I really glad your son only suffered minor injuries, how much worse it could have been. I'm not sure on procedure when carrying out this type of surgery,

Are you UK based

• Posted

Hi Alexandria,

Thank you for your concern. I have searched about the possible procedures and searched for forums tackling about ORIF surgery to prepare myself and learn also from  personal experiences . This would be My very first surgery In My Whole life, so i am kind OF anxious. I am In the Philippines. I would know the details about the surgery by wednesday.

• Posted

WOW!  Google search ORIF surgery and start reading.  Do not scare yourself with your research.  Ask your surgeon questions.  Write them down so you do not forget.  Try to stay relaxed, you will be good as new soon.  Stay positive!  GOOD LUCK!!
    • Posted

Hi Henpen,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and the advice. My only way of overcoming fear is to Face it😅 

• Posted

Hi all,

I talked to the surgeon that specializes on the Face fracture already  and she requested for a craniofacial ct scan. Unfortunately , the ct scan requested by the trauma Doctor before is only cranial plain and it doesn’t Show the rest of the fracture on My Face . Sometimes I lose faith on the doctors. They knew the right side of My Face suffered from the accident but still just ordered cranial ct scan. Now, i have to Go through all the trouble and waiting again. Big sigh. Surgery must be done within six weeks after the accident and its been 3weeks now. Another week of waiting for the scan result and see the surgeon again next wednesday.

• Posted

SLOW AND STEADY!!!  SLOW AND STEADY!!!!  You will be okay!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.