Surgery on March 1st

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey y'all,

I am having a third sugery on my ankle in March. My first to were unexpected and I was off of work for almost 3 months. This time I am able to some what plan it out. Does anyone have any advice? Like who to call for help, how i can lower my bills, or how much is a good idea to have saved up?

Thank you

BriAnn

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

my first surgery was unexpected and the only thing that saved me was the fact that I had a good size cushion in my bank account.My second surgery I was able to plan ahead. Two things that I did was I got my mortgage paid a month ahead before my surgery date and also paid a 6 month block of my car insurance which gave me one less bill to have to worry about while I was out of work.

Not sure where you are from but I live in New York State and our short term disability payments max out at $170 per week, which lets face it doesn't pay much!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.