Surgery on Tues

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have been doing a ton of research. I am scheduled for surgery on tues! I am so looking forward to not having to deal with the constant pain of having hemmroids. As for post op I am terrified I feel like I have a super high tolerance to pain. But I'm afraid this will take me to a whole other threshold. I've pretty much got everything suggested and been taking tips on what to do pre op. I am fortunate enough to have people to help me for atleast 2 weeks. I already can't seem with the non stop thoughts of the surgery. I do have a question tho I am diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety with occasional panic attacks. The medicine I am on manages it now and I will still be taking it but wondering if this will impact my mental health... trying to stay optimistic. I know you all will be hearing from me a awful lot. Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Markee02980

I just had my surgery - am currently 3 1/2 weeks post op and am thriving. I too have severe depression and GAD which i'm medicated for and i was not affected what so ever from the surgery or meds post op. You will be thanking yourself for having it done before you know it. Good luck!

• Posted

This is so encouraging to hear. I feel like a lot of men that share there experience seem to have a much more painful experience. I'm wondering if this is the lack of every having any pain down there or child birth. Just not a familiar pain? I'm on gabbapentin for my anxiety which keeps it under control. But it does not work like Benzos where it completely takes the anxiety away it just suppresses it a lil so I can manage it better but the anxiety is still there. So I guess my concern there is I don't go into a panic attack I cannot control. I did get some benzos in case this happens god I hope not. Also the concern everyone has I'm sure is I don't want them to mess my butt up end up with a colastomy bag or sumthin that scares me to death

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.