surgery on Wednesday

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone my surgery is on Wednesday the 4th and am terrified please help x

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ellie, had my surgery in Newcastle rvi 18 months ago, unfortunately I'm still suffering dizziness and nausea but it has improved with medication over time and I'm not getting the pressure headaches as bad as they were. I have part time job and at 61yrs that's not bad going. I didn't have a catheter in for operation and only had oxygen and that thing in hand for meds 1st day, after that I was free to try and move about but the dizziness was limiting me and needed help. I was unfortunate and not everyone is as bad. I had slurred speech with nerve damage but that was ok after a week. It does improve symptoms with surgery and as said before its needed to stop them getting worse. It's ok to be scared, but we will all be here for you. X
  • Posted

Hi Ellie, I am scare too I am going on the 16th, you have lots of advice here, I wish you luch tomorrow, I am sure you will be fine, just have a lot of rest now..and plenty of positiveness I assume..and good luck..and let us know ok after that...
    • Posted

Hi, good luck on the 16th as yu have read we are all different but my surgery 11 months ago went really well. I am off all but basic pain meds and back at work. It had not been easy but definatley worth it. Good luck.  My one suggestion would be to consider having your hair cut short before you op, it will make it much easier to look after when you are not well.

​My scar has healed really well and after a month you coud hardly see it, oh and I love my new short hair.

• Posted

Thank you loopytindraws, tha make me more positive than ever, yes, I just been hair dresser thi am, she could not believe it..that I asked her to cut my hair (LOL) my hair is long and lovely now is short...but I thought its better this way to avoid infection..it will grow..good you off from medication..I will keep you posted
  • Posted

Ellie,

I've read the previous replies.  They all say the same thing, which is good, you know what to expect, but each is unique.  Just make sure you have a good carer with you as well.  Get a good pillow for support, maybe one of those cone shaped as well as a neck pillow once you get home.  You will feel groggy, and sore.  Keep us informed of your progress.

• Posted

Hi Ellie, easier said than done try n stay calm just think few months down the line n hopefully your going to be in alot less pain. I'll be keeping everything crossed for you 😁😁
  • Posted

Hi re driving i notified Dvla and had to answer a medical questionaire because my symptoms include visual disturbance I needed to go to the local driving test center and read a number plate at distance. They passed me and I am now driving, I never had my licence recalled and when I felt up to it I was able to drive. It was several months after my op before I was up to it though,

​Because I was worried I was not driving as well as I thought I got my partner to check my driving and he felt it was fine. You will know if you can and my consultant said it should not be a problem and he was right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.