surgery ovarian cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I've got a large simple ovarian cyst, 17cm. I had an MRI scan 6 weeks ago and I still waiting for my results. My pre-op was cancelled 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty worried just waiting. My referral said that my surgery would be probably in October. My last appointment in the hospital was July. After cancelling my pre-op I dont know when that will be. Did you have to wait a long time for your surgery after the pre-op assessment?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

star19 this depends on where you are in the country id assume. my pre op was only a few weeks before my surgery. i am in nyc

• Posted

I had a 30cm borderline mucinous tumor weighing over 20 pounds. I had to wait a month for my surgery because the surgeon wanted me to have a mammogram, a colonoscopy, an endoscopy and a few more tests before the surgery. I am assuming he wanted to make sure all tests came back normal. I began filling up with fluid and my stomach was huge before the surgery. It shouldn't be a problem to wait for a few weeks or more as long as you aren't in pain but i would call your doctor and be persistent about moving forward.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.