Surgery pain and poor healthcare provided

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just had surgery Friday to remove a plate and 9 screws from my wrist. The pain is still pretty bad (6 days after) There is blood still leaking once in a while from one of the stitches. There is also burning pain where the stitches are, and the coloring all around the area, a big area, is all yellow.

I have not been sick, no cold , but 2 days after surgery i started coughing up thick yellow gunk which has continued. Feeling sickly today, very tired, hot, and sometimes sweaty, I decided to take my temp at one point and it was 99.5. I am taking norco, and assume the tylenol in that possibly has been lowering my temp.

Saturday I spoke with an on call Dr due to pain. He explained that the duration and amount of the prescription they gave me wouldn't even work for my weight, which is why i was having no relief. He told me to take 2 norco every 6 hours (my dr prescribed 1 norco every 4-6 hours)

I spoke with my nurse Monday, and she stated I needed to to back to taking 1 norco every 6 hours, regardless of what the other dr explained. So, I have had no relief. I explained that i haven't been sick, but following surgery I have been coughing stuff up (chest infections can be common after surgery). She didn't schedule an appointment or anything, and simply said over the phone that I have a cold...

I spoke with her today (6 days after surgery) and told her 1 every 6 hours is not giving me relief. She told me i shouldn't even have pain at this point. I wasn't aware that someone else could decide whether you are in pain or not.

So I'm at a loss for help apparently. Getting a fever, coughing stuff up, burning stinging pain, yellow skin.

Any advice?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.