Surgery Question /advice please :-)

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello

I am having surgery on my ankle in October. I won't see my doctor until then. The surgery I am having is an ankle (right) arthroscopy and debridement along with removal of the metal from medial malleolus. I also may need a small open incision for cheilectomy of the ankle joint.

My main question is, how long will it roughly take to recover, does anyone know? In both instances, and will I be on crutches- if so how long roughly?

Thankyou in advance :-)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Anyone?
  • Posted

Ankle surgery takes from 1-3 months to recover from. See the Mayo clinic article explaining the recovery process.

From personal experience, mine a little longer to fully recover, about 4 months I would say. The key is to get plenty of rest and to avoid lifting or moving your ankle at all. It's hard to do, but the less you move it, the faster it can heal and you'll be back on your feet in no time.

• Posted

Thankyou so much. Will I need crutches after this procedure? I'd like to know how long for really as I have a toddler I am usually chasing! Lol

Thanks again for your reply it is appreciated :-)

• Posted

Can anyone else offer advice :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.