Posted , 4 users are following.
Really starting to get a bit frustrated with how long everything is taking and how no-one seems to know what they're doing. Here's a brief run-down of what's been happening because I just need to rant:
- Been having pain attacks since August 2018
- Went to A&E in October where they suspected kidney stones
- Whilst waiting for my kidney ultrasound, I had more attacks and an out-of-hours doctor said it sounds more like gallstones and that they'd check my gallbladder too when I have my ultrasound
- Had my ultrasound in January, I asked them if they'd be checking my gallbladder too and they said no because it's just a kidney scan. I pretty much begged them to check it so I didn't have to wait another 6 weeks for yet another ultrasound so they did and found gallstones, but put in the report that it was an 'incidental finding' because they weren't supposed to go looking at my gallbladder (no stones in my kidneys)
- My GP called me a week later and was being very reluctant to diagnose me with gallstones and was still fixated on the idea of kidney stones, suggesting a CT scan to provide a clearer image. He said that the gallstone finding was accidental and there was no sign of inflammation of the gallbladder or ducts (not sure why he'd insist the problem is my kidneys when they came back clear on the scan, but gallstones are visible instead)
- He eventually referred me for gallbladder removal surgery after I explained my symptoms again
- Today the GP surgery phoned me and said my referral has been rejected because I need to do a blood test and another ultrasound, so I booked a blood test for next week
- Shortly after that the Referral Service at the hospital phoned me offering me an appointment to discuss surgery, and I said "I thought it's been rejected". He said they originally sent it through without the ultrasound but it had been re-sent now. I mentioned the blood test and he said that it should be OK as long as the results are back in time for the appointment the week after next, but then he phoned back to cancel saying they need the results first
So now I'm wondering if I do actually need another ultrasound too and they just haven't realised. I'm wondering what happens if my blood tests come back clear - will I get refused surgery because my case isn't deemed serious? Will I still have to have another ultrasound (a gallbladder-specific one this time)?
I feel like I'm getting messed around 😦 I just want it all sorted out so I can go back to eating normally and not living in fear of having another attack.
0 likes, 13 replies