Surgery to prevent stones?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Without going into all the details, I have been having stones constantly for years and I can't take it anymore. I've done all the possible tests and there isn't really any apparent reason I make stones according to urologists; I just do. I've had a ureteroscopy when they get too big. I remember hearing about a procedure that basically burned the kidney and stopped it from producing stones. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I've done every possible thing I can to stop them and I can't keep this up. I want something to stop them. Also, it gets pretty expensive to pay for the tests, scans, appointments, etc. I'd love to not waste any more money trying to handle these stupid things. If anybody know of a procedure to prevent the stones, please tell me. I've taken every other route possible.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kaitlyn

It sounds awful what your going through. I have had five in past 18 years so nothing like you. Do you have any idea what the composition of the stone is? The ones I have produced are about 1/4” all round and not the nicest of things to look at. Mine are calcium oxalate stones. I come from a back ground of you are what you eat so something is causing something in your diet to produce the stones. Another hing is Jesé and don’t just come I’ve night. I was passing blood 6 months ago  and no pain it was on this March the pain came on and guess what another stone. Of late I have found out  what my biggest problem is that causes them and that’s foods which ar high in oxalates such as spinach, nut butters, dates and the worst one that I love is almonds. Try to get to understand the composition of the stone this might help you do your own homework to undestand the issues behind your diet intake. You notice they call what I have calcium oxalate. The calcium build up is litterally the stone that is created in the kidney don’t get too hung up on the fact you can’t eat cheese or other dairy’s in fact its quiet the opposite. You need the right in take of calcium in order to absorb low to medium oxalate food in your digestive system. So sorry for rambling on but get to understand your stone or stones and try making changes and if needed get the assistance of a dietician

• Posted

Sorry Kaitlyn some of my early message was messed up.  Meant to say these stones don’t happen over night. They develop over a period before they become apparent. It could well be you do make a few changes and still you will have some stones coming through but it could be from from your previous diet before a change was made. I also dehydrate very quickly even though I drink a lot of water and this is not because I am active. So make sure you are always topped up regardless of your active or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.