surgery today

Posted , 11 users are following.

Morning

Heading in for surgery today for LTKR....extremely nervous......still remember the pain from my last TKR in 2016 which was awful.....they couldn't control the pain after the pain block wore off.....I was miserable in the hospital.....took a full month before I started feeling better....I know I will be fine....just takes time......this place is a god send......wish me luck

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

hi im sure youll be fine. i will be thinking of you and wish you well. Are you having epidural ? Recovery is better its what i had. keep in touch and let us know how your getting on.

• Posted

praying fir easy and complete healing! Im with you as my LTKR is scheduled for MAY 23rd.

• Posted

thanks good luck on the 23rd

• Posted

Hope all goes well. I have mine done on the 19th June I had a pkr on my other 2yrs ago. Take care. xx

• Posted

Good luck on your surgery. I had a RTKR in April of last yr & having the left knee done in 12 days(May 14th)! I'll be following you...

• Posted

Hope all goes well with your OP.

I'm now day 7 of LTKR and after having an epidural was up 6 hours after surgery and home the following evening.

pain wise the knee has been fine its been more my quad muscle that has hurt. My ankle has swollen up alot and is just uncomfortable as opposed to painful. Sleep wise I have listened to my body and slept when it was telling me. Night time is hardest as struggled to get comfortable in bed so have slept on settee.

I have no regrets for surgery but found it does help talking to people who have gone through it.

• Posted

praying your surgery and recovery go smoothly

• Posted

Good luck, you will be fine, i had mine in November dident experience much pain in hospital. Just ask for extra medication if it gets really bad, it does take time, keep up with the meds. for the pain and dont over do it, if it hurts. My PT told me not to let my pain level go over 4. Good luck x

• Posted

ALL THE BEST AND LOTS OF STRENGTH.

• Posted

surgery went well. Hospital stay went well. Home Sat and so far I have been hanging in there...trying to get comfortable will check in later this week

• Posted

i week today......tough time sleeping.....finding the right position to sleep is also an issue......I just want to pass out for a few hours.....Pain is around a 4 all day and that i where I want it....keeping medicated and elevating with ice works...I know it's a marathon not a sprint....1 step forward 2 steps back......thanks for all the well wishes.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.