Surgery Tomarrow

Posted , 10 users are following.

Really nervous today even though Ive been through it all over 30 years ago after a particial hysterectomy. My last child was 10 1/2lbs are mucles had to be reattached at the same time.

I dont know what to expect this time around concerning pain and how long for recovery lifting etc

I will be cut inside and outside on my tummy the doctor says...something about old scar tissue. and finding new ligaments to tact up the prolapse vaginia. It will involve fixing a large front wall bladder prolapse, wraping a piece of mesh around the uretha and tacking it up and tacking the vaginia back up to another ligament.

Seems like when menopause has relaxed everything down below.

Can anyone imform me a little about afterwards.?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

This is usually a very successful operation, and you have nothing to fear as there will be a vast improvement.

The recovery period can be in the region of 3 months for everything to settle down again. 

• Posted

Hello Crystal. Please don't worry too much about the operation. You need to start relaxing. There is so much information on the subject that it will almost certainly get repeated here so have a look at other threads and read about our experiences. One thing I will say is afterwards you must rest and don't lift anything,not even a kettle in the early weeks. Make sure you have plenty of pain relief, they'll give you a small amount to come home with so you'll probably need to contact your GP surgery for repeat prescriptions. Just take care and take it easy. Keep in touch because I'm sure when you come home you'll have lots of questions but we'll always reply to you. Good luck and lots of hugs.
  • Posted

Hi CrystalG

Good luck for tomorrow and the advise given here is always so helpful and the support from everyone is excellent too. Let us know how you get on 

best wishes

W

• Posted

Hi Crystal, all the best for tomorrow and the coming weeks. Remember most people posting on this forum are either anxious before the operation, or having some problem afterwards, usually to do with not knowing what to expect. The operation is only part of it. The rest is down to you, and that means rest as much as possible for at least 3 months. Loads of good advice on here, so check it out when you get home. Gives you something to do with your feet up at least.

Don't worry, you'll be a new woman soon.

• Posted

Hoping all is well during your surgery. I'm sure you will be fine. Just try and relax knowing you will be better after recovery. My thoughts will be with you good luck.
  • Posted

You will do great! I am 20, I had my 8 pound 4 ounce baby 5 years ago and i was cut front to back and all muscles inbetween. Last Friday (6days ago) I finally had a posterior vaginal repair, rectal prolapse, muscle reattached, numb tissue removed from inside my vagina and a labia reduction. I'm not in a lot of pain, my 1 week post op was today, I am doing great, driving around and all. Definitely feel it, i sit on a pillow or lay on my back. I find it better to slide my butt off off the chair when getting up. Rest is important! Get as much as possible. See if they can give you pain meds through your iv before you wake up though. When I woke up my vagina was on fire! That's all i remember. I'm doing really good! Have faith and be confident. Otherwise you'll be nervous and will never sleep. They prescribed me Norco's and I can't sleep on them and they make me nauseous. I'm going to see if I can make it on Naproxen Sodium instead. I use ice a lot. It takes the pain away better than the pills in my opinion. I took the ones home from the hospital that they fill with the small chipped hospital ice and I get the same ice from Dairy Queen or Ricker's gas station. I ice more than advised but I hardly ever take pain pills. It's all what's best for you. I don't lift, I just drive to get out the house and take my kid to school. I was told no baths for a few more weeks though which really sucks.
  • Posted

I had a boy 8 lbs 9 oz and a girl 10 lb 10 oz. Both vaginal delivery. Paying for it now. I have decided to talk to Dr again about my options. Reading all your comments is very helpful. Thank you all for sharing you situations and recovery process.
  • Posted

Home 48 Hours later and im resting comfortable. Thanks everyone. Very tired and weak, hopefully tomarrow I'll feel stronger and can fill you in with details. 
    • Posted

So pleased you're home and I bet you are as well. Take care x
  • Posted

Glad to hear your home and well Crystal. You take care and get plenty of rest. Lots of us out here wishing you well... ☺
  • Posted

Glad your home let me know how your doing, I had my op last Monday and in a lot of pain all most everywhere x
    • Posted

Hope your doing better Cherie. Pain isnt too bad as long as I stay in bed and rest. I baffled at why I ache in the neck muscles of all places lol

My left leg hurting is getting better at least I can walk a bit better.

I experienced severe lower back and hip pain for months on end....even in bed I couldnt sleep for it.... and only got worse and worse....happy to say I havent had the first back ache yet!!!!!!

Do you have stitches in your goin from the tab ends of the tape that supports the uretha? Mine are really scrachy today....found some worn out underware so its nice and loose....thats helped heaps

Should have done this operation much sooner and I dont regret it one bit...best thing I ever done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.