Surviving 3 heart attacks in less than 24hrs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 44 and I suffered on Dec. 18 three heart attacks and I feel scared will I be able to have a normal life again? At the momemt I feel weak and my chest is very hurt from compressions done to revive me so many times how long will I feel this way?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry you have had such a bad time. I was also very weak after my heart attack, even getting up the stairs was difficult and I had to keep stopping every few steps.It really knocked my confidence and like you I was very worried about getting a normal life back. The heart is a muscle however, and even though it has been damaged it will already be starting to repair. Just take your time and dont expect too much too soon. You will find that you will get a little stronger each day and in about 4 - 6 weeks there will be a marked improvement. Do talk to your cardiac nurse if you can, they are so good at explaining things.  I now do my shopping, drive a car and walk the dog every day. I admit I take things slower than I did, but thats mainly due to the medication slowing me down.  I hope you feel better very soon and I'm sure your strength will gradually come back and you will enjoy life again.
    • Posted

Thank You for your words they are really helpfull at these moments thank you for taking your time and replying God Bless You

• Posted

What tests/treatment/medication did you get in hospital?
    • Posted

Not exactly sure of all I know they did open a vein in my heart sorry plus this happened to me in Mexico there names are different 
  • Posted

Oh goodness, you've had a really tough time of it and a scary experience indeed!  I know, from watching my dad go through 2 heart attacks, that recovery does take time, but you will get there.  Has your doctor referred you for cardiac rehab?  You'll find that really helpful as they'll introduce you to gentle exercise and slowly help you to build up your strength.  But lots of people have very serious heart attacks and go on to live a very normal life.  Your recovery can take a while and you'll have good days and bad days, but go easy on yourself, follow your health regimen and you'll do well.

You've been given a remarkable shot at a second chance in life and not everyone gets that - you're blessed so take your time to recover and enjoy every day! 

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words and for your time in replying I don't know if I will be referred to a rehab or not I am in Mexico and not sure how it works here And yes I know I have been blessed with a second chance thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.