Posted , 4 users are following.
Hi everyone. Male/37y/83kg. I need help with my symptoms. I believe I have CP but doctors reluctant to call it.
Symptoms (Going on for 8 months now):
- Dull pain in upper abdomen right under the right rib (always right rib never left side) sometimes radiates to back like muscle pain. Kinda like a strained or pulled lower back muscle. Sometimes I feel it up on my shoulder like a pin. Very specific area.
- Pain sometimes feels more like pressure. Specially when I lay down on my stomach. Feels like there is something underneath my right rib area.
- Pain and sensation is the lowest during mornings. Increases right after I eat. Lasts a couple of hours after. This happens regardless of fatty food. And it is not 100% of the time. Maybe 80%?
- No weight loss
- No jundice
- No nausea, no vomiting
- Very litlle loss of appetite but not enough for me to actually make a difference in my eating quantities.
Endoscopy -> All ok. No findings.
Ultrasound -> No findings. Gall bladder free of stones or sludge. Conduct ok.
CT Scan (x2) -> Show enlarged head of pancreas (5cm to 6cm) with stripes on pancreatic fat near the head (could be inflamation)
EUS -> Less than 1 Rosemont Criteria. No change in tissue in head or rest of pancreas. No need for biopsy. Endoscopic Doctor specialist in EUS and pancreas says: Not CP. Maybe Chiliaditi Syndrome.
Blood -> Fasting Blood sugar (112) / Cholesterol (277 - LDL 203) / Amylase 63 / Lipase 233
Stool -> Bristol 4 or 5. No floaters. No oily water after. No diarrhoea.
Treatment so far:
- All sorts of antiobitics. Parasite chasing. IBS control.
- No alcohol since 8 months ago
- Strict diet (just this past 4 weeks). No fat. No complex carbs. No sugars.
- Exercise 25 min a day. This I do like 4 days a week. Should be more I know.
I am really stressing out. I know this could be CP. I used to be a heavy social drinker. Quite for a few years. Maybe since I was 16 or 17. I am now 37. The pain first started when I was at my brothers for vacation. We were doing some serious drinking when I felt this pain described above. A week or so after I started seeing Gastro Dr. Stopped drinking. Took a trip with the wife to Playa del Carmen a few weeks after. Decided to lift my ban on alcohol for a few days. Felt worse after day 3 of drinking. Ate normally for a few months. No alcohol. Pain did not get any better or worse. Always there. Started dieting a few weweks ago. Felt better, but pain is still there. Probably placebo effect or just better health from eating better. Decided to have a couple of glasses of wine for anniversary celebration. Felt worse 3 days after.
People with CP or with experience with CP. What can you tell me from the info above? Am I right to suspect CP? Or am I crazy?
I am still following up with my Dr and probably start seeing an Endocrinologist. Just need some piece of mind (for or against). Its not knowing thats making me desperate.
1 like, 10 replies