Suspected Bartholin's cyst! Can anyone help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Hoping someone can help? I found a lump on the inside of my vagina (right side) about 10 days ago, I got prescribed 1 week of antibiotics, this took the pain away but the size remained the same. I then went back for another check up, they gave me some stronger antibiotics (i'm now on day 5) and it still hasn't budged. It's about the size of a marble, really hard to touch. Has anyone experienced the same? How long did it last? Thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jennifer! 

Sounds to me like you had a Bartholin Cyst that got infected, and the antibiotics have treated that. But the antibiotics have only treated the infection (NOW you are left with a Bartholin Cyst that needs to drain). You must still have fluid buildup in your Bartholin Gland. 

Bring this up with your doctor. In the meantime I would recommend taking Sitz Baths regularly. Also, after you're done taking antibiotics, consult with your doctor about maybe starting probiotics to maintain healthy bacteria in your vagina. 

I'm assuming this is your first cyst? 

Good luck, girl! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.