Suspected COPD

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been suffering from breathlessness, dizziness when walking, and shoulder and chest pain for the last 10 months. I had a spirometer test done 3 weeks ago, I also had a chest X-ray and I go for the results in 2 weeks time. My practitioner nurse not sure if asthma or COPD. She gave me a salamis spray which doesn't help much, I get very funny headed and I now have to have energy drinks to get me through a working day. I'm 47 female and any help would be appreciated. ( I'm an ex smoker been stopped 2 years and when I was very young I worked on a farm ) x

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I tried to vote both of your answers, but it doesn't appear to be working today!
    • Posted

That's strange, I just voted yours and someone else's and was thinking how rarely that function is used on this forum!
    • Posted

I live in the East End of London with just about the highest level of pollution here from all the cars, especially diesel. I nearly went to Australia in the 60's on the £10 Assisted Passage Scheme, but my then boyfriend, later my husband, pulled out at the last minute, so I didn't go. My cousin and her mother did and so did my husband's best friend and his wife....they came back to London because they were homesick...but then realised what a dump London was and quickly returned. I often wonder what life would have been like in Australia back then. We both had the necessary types of jobs that Australia were looking for and some savings. Now I will never know!   Btw..managed to vote once, then it packed up again. Strange!
    • Posted

Any chance of moving somewhere less polluted?  I' m sure you'd live longer.

I just managed to vote for you, so I don't know what's going on

• Posted

Unfortunately, no. We have a Council flat in a tower block so nobody would exchange and we only have my DLA money, a dog (most rental places won't let you have one, and my son only has his dwindling savings...won't sign on ot claim Carer's Allowance incase he compromises my DLA. Thanks for the vote. I managed to vote for you, so perhaps the problem has been solved.
  • Posted

Hi again. I have just spent a week by the sea with my youngest son. Did a fair bit of walking and tried not to use my fold up little mobility scooter as little as possible. The weather was really cold and one day it didn't stop raining all day, but I feel much better for the break. Will be getting my blood results this Friday, It is for a whole range of things eg potassium level, all the Bs including B12, liver, kidneys..the usual range plus some more I've never heard of. Also have some severe hip, shoulder and back pain which ian't helping. He thinks I may be anemic, well, I can't wait for some relief from this pain that has suddenly come about. Probably arthritis or something similar, must just wait and see. Am using a back support for my computer chair, as I have linked my tower to a 40 inch TV, as I now have ARMD (to add to all the other initials,,haha) I might try joining them all together and see if I can make up some nice words!! Hope everyone is coping the best they can and taking it easy when you can. Regards to all, Val.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.