Suspected endometriosis.. Fed up waiting for lap!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I've been experiencing problems since jan 2014, heavy periods/irregular bleeding/excruciating pelvic pain/lower back pain etc. continuously kept going back to gp as knew something was up, first of all I was fobbed off with painkillers by a locum doctor! Which did nothing.. Then received numerous blood tests (all clear) had about 3 ultrasounds in total (all clear) had numerous swabs (all clear) also had smear test (clear!) the pain keeps getting worse as months go by! Finally was referred to gynaecologist who I waited months to see.. But in the meantime while waiting I started bleeding Iregularly (hasn't happened since!) and was referd for an immediate colposcopy.. Which was clear thank god but she did say I had inflammation in the neck of my womb & took biopsy which came back clear and was a relief! Finally had the gynae apt and I saw his assistant basically she tried fobbing me off saying your only 26.. It's normal periods (she clearly has never experienced any problems!) once again was sent for ultrasound & she did say if nothing is found we will probably just give you hormone treatment.. I thought no way have I been suffering in all this pain for so long to be told I will only be offered that! So anyway luckily I saw the gynae when I went back and he said he suspects Endo & only way to diagnose is by a lap.. This was back in January when he referred me for it.. Still waiting for a date!! How Long did u all wait for the lap? It's been 4 months now, I'm just a bit worried about fertility etc I have a 5 year old daughter & would like more children in future! But fed up of living in more or less constant pelvic pain very day (especially as I write this I am ovulating & the pain is excruciating!) does anyone else experience this? Painkillers don't seem to touch it!! Sorry for rambling on, but if anyone has any input would be much appreciated! Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello and sorry to hear you are in so much pain. It shouldn't take four months for a laparoscopy. I'm not sure what area you are in. I was admitted with extreme abdominal pain to a and e twice and I have endometriosis. But I had it with a chocolate cyst on my ovary which shows up on a scan. The other adhesions don't so maybe they were quicker with my op because they knew I had it. I am having to have another operation and there is quite a waiting list but only 3 months so I'd advise ringing your hospital gynae department to make sure the request has gone through and if you have no luck follow it up with your GP and ask them to contact the hospital. Hope you get results soon. All the best x
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply 2nicjh.. My friend was also quite quick having her lap as like yourself she had a chocolate cyst too. My cousin who also has endo waited 9months for just the lap!! I am in South Wales, I will contact my hospital tomorrow and find out how much longer I have to wait.. As like you said seems to be a long time and just want some answers so I can try and get on with things! At the moment the pain is horrendous while ovulating & horrendous while on period also have ibs too so another thing to deal with! Hope you have your lap soon. What painkillers are best to take would you say while waiting? X
  • Posted

Hi. Phone and check I waited and waited to findI had been deleted from system! I got letter pretty quick but still had 3 month wait for actual date. Good luck
  • Posted

Glad you are phoning- for my first op they had booked the date but not told me! I had no letter or anything so it was a shock to find out it was booked for three weeks later! The best painkillers I was recommended and used were paracetemol with codeine which you can get over the counter from boots (own brand cheapest) you can't take them longer than three days though as codeine is addictive. You can take paracetemol alongside ibuprofen and after the lap I was told to take two paracetemol and 2 ibuprofen every four hours. Hope that helps and good luck x
    • Posted

Thanks both. I will ring first thing tomorrow and find out what is going on. The GP has subscribed me solphadol which I believe is paracetamol/codeine but try not too take to many thanks for the advice will let u know how I get on. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.