Suspected Endometriosis - Laparoscopy clear :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I am currently recovering from a laparoscopy for suspected endometriosis only to be told they couldn't find any endometriosis or any reason for my pelvic pain. 

When the consultant said they couldn't find any reason for my pain I burst into tears, I was expecting to wake up and be on the path of becoming pain free, not that this nightmare would be continuing. 

The consultant said something about organs being close together and something about my maybe to do with my lower bowel and to get a follow up appointment with my gp. She asked why I was so upset and I explained that I thought I would wake and have answers but now I'm no better off then before. I asked whether my hormones could be causing my other symptoms and I'm pretty sure she said yes. (They need to rethink the process of telling you their findings when you're still drowsy from the anaesthetic! I can't remember a thing!) I'm feeling so low about this whole experience and I don't know where to begin or who to turn to with having so many questions.

If I have all the symptoms of endometriosis, but no endometriosis was found, then what is the cause of all my pain? Is the consultant right and could It be be my bowels all along?

Or can a hormone imbalance be the cause of all my pelvic pain and all my other symptoms Constant uterine cramps, lower back ache, pelvic pain on left, enlarged nodes in groin on left, heavy painful periods, irregular cycles, persistent vaginal thrush, pain and spotting after sex, brown snot like discharge after a bowel movement.

My bowels are still incredibly sore from the lap and am wondering if this is another sign leaning towards my pains being bowel related all along? I'm also starting to feel like this laparoscopy was so invasive and maybe for nothing and maybe I should have had a less invasive procedure like a hysteroscopy? Should I have had more extensive blood and hormonal tests first?

Any input or ideas would be greatly appreciated

C xx

Also, TTC 18 months, suffer from bad hormonal acne on chin, I had a raised lh to fsh ratio on a blood test but I have never had this discussed with a doctor as I happened to come across this myself when I asked for brief print out of my medical notes. Ultrasounds on ovaries and nodes clear. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I just read your post, I am going through something similar with very similar symptons. It's awful isn't it. I have explored all avenues and lots of tests, I am waiting on a larposcopy hopefully too for endometriosis.

hiwever I do get told it is my bowels and they showed me on a vahinal ultrasound how close the bowel is to my ovaries etc. my worst time is during ovulation it's horrific.

i totally understand why and how you where so disappointed, it woukd have been good to have a cause for your problems and hopefully help, but no answers is awful. Everything I go to my GP or consultant I leave disappointed too, just more agony to look forward too xx 

• Posted

Hi there

I just read your message and sympathise with you sad

I too was suspected to have endo and had a lap back in November. They said I had hydraphinx (spelling) in tube. I knew I had a cyst on one

• Posted

Sorry message sent too soon! 😳 I was told had cyst on ovary too.

After the op I was told the fluid was gone and tube was ok. They removed the cyst but found I had quite a few large bowel adhesions.

I too had

• Posted

I too had pelvic/back pain but since the op, 3 mths later I still get occasional sharp pain and pelvic pain.

I was wondering whether this is normal after a lap 3 months on?

Sorry about broken messages... Phone probs 🙈

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.