Suspected Hormone Imbalance. HELP!

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just wondered if any women had got anywhere with their GP regarding hormone imbalance. 

My GP agrees with me that something isn’t right, perhaps even a progesterone intolerance, but she doesn’t really know where to start and is researching. 

From what I’ve read online I need endocrine tests? 

I’m only 32 but I have no libido and haven’t for about 2 years. My marriage is on the verge of breaking. I have put on weight and just can’t shift it. I feel depressed and irritable, and constantly exhausted. I just can’t live like this anymore. I have 2 children and I wish I could just enjoy life like I used to. 

Any help and advice appreciated. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, 

​I will be 32 years old in summer, too...

​Since 2016, I have a lot of peri symptoms but I still have regular cycles...I tend to believe that I have some weird for my age, probably some kind of idiopathic hormonal imbalance! 

I am experiencing severe mood swings especially on the 14th and 15 th day of my cycle, I am crying without reason for many hours...That time I feel very depressed and other times I am extremely angry with everyone without reason too. My libido is non existant, ( I am single ...my last relationship ended because of my mood swings and my abnormal behavior sad)

I am also exhausted most of the time. 

have you noticed any changes to your menstrual cycle?

Definetely,  you have  to check your hormones and especially your thyroid! Maybe the gain weight correlates with hypothyroidism along with fatigue and depression.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.