Suspected prolapse, gynaecology waiting list 11 months ROUTINE

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, this would be my first time posting about personal things. For the last 6 years I've been suffering with weight loss on and off, sickness, nausea, diarrhoea/constipation, I can feel a lump in my vaginal canal which can also be felt through rectal. It is not a prolapse that is protruding out of the vagina but it is close enough when sat at 90* degrees/ on the toilet. Every time I approach doctors about my concerns I'm brushed off because of my age being 27, never given birth.. But the reason as to why I suspect a prolapse is because I've been at 18 stone and have been in a job that has heavy lifting/ care assistant with heavy patients.

I've been through numerous investigations because of the weight loss, colonoscopies, endoscopies, CT scans, MRI scans.. ect. All came back negative, many times I have asked the doctors/ gynaecologist to examine me whilst squatting but all have refused and have only examined me whilst being led down, which I cannot feel the lump whilst led down..

The reason for posting is because I need advice on what to do? I cannot go private for the next 6 months because of the membership terms and conditions, I've been referred to gynae again but the waiting list is 11 months from the date of referral received.

The symptoms I'm having at the moment are edging me to go to a&e but I know for a fact that if I do go to a&e then I would be discharged with anti spasm medication because on my file they've got me down as an IBS sufferer.

I've recently been put on the mini pill to help with my hormones as I also suffer with dermoid cysts, recurring which is too small at the moment to cause any complications. So I wonder if the prolapse is worsening as I'm starting to have trouble urinating, if I'm constipated its the worse feeling/pain ever in my left side and even makes me vomit it can get that severe. I haven't been able to have a bowel motion without laxatives for the last month, every time I do use a laxative, the bowel motion comes out in the tiniest pieces as if my rectum is too narrow, I also have to physically push this lump out of the way to have both bowel and urine motion.

I'm just extremely fed up of being brushed off, I'm struggling at work, with my social life and with my love life. I refuse to have a love partner because it's too painful to have intercourse, its embarrassing and I need help before I do the worse when I can't cope with this pain anymore.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.