suspected scaphoid fracture

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

i have a suspected scaphoid fractue in my right wrist, i was wondering if it is usual to have pain in the little finger side of my wrist as i know the scaphoid is located on the thumb side.

I have the usual pain when the soft part of the hand in the center at the top of the wrist is pressed.

Anyone with any info or experience would be appreciated,

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kerri

Why is it "suspected"  I've had scaphoid fractiure in my wrist.....I tripped outside and went flat on my facebiggrin but put my hand out to save me.......I only remember the pain in the thumb area and the soft part......but that doesnt mean you cant have it in the other side......wait for other posts and see what they say.

Take Care

Love

Eileen 

• Posted

Hi eileen,

It's suspected as they couldn't see the bone on the xrays which is apparently quite common, i have to go back in 3 days for further xrays and scans, the dr did say i have all the symptoms to diagnose and he'd put money on it that its fractured but obviously they want me back to confirm.

I was assaulted and pulled to the ground from behind whilst holding my  phone to my ear with that hand, not the most pleasent experience but im pretty hard wearing so it's too bad smile

Thank you for your reply,

take care also

kerri

• Posted

Hi Kerri

What a nasty way to fracture a bone.....it must have been frightening.

At least in 3 day you'll know and you'll able to ask about the pain

Then you can let us know

Love

Eileen

• Posted

Hi Kerri,

I have a broken scaphoid just now which was injured 12 months ago and have never felt pain in my little finger, hopefully if you have more X-rays or scans to get soon these would identify any additional fracture if there is one.

Sorry to hear you got attacked, hope you gave as good as you got 😉

I go for surgery in 2 days for the good ol' bone graft and screw, if you're lucky enough you'll have had yours diagnosed in time to just immobilise it with a cast and have it heal naturally! 

Good luck, hope it works out well for you.

G x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.