Suspected sinisitius, please help!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Four months ago I started getting dizzy spells. This lasted on and off for about a month then I began experiencing facial pressure. My under eyes became full of fluid and I began having pain in my eye socket area and cheekbones (the dizziness stopped.) repeated trips to the doctors were fruitless, they just kept telling me to rest. Then I had blood tests to check for kidney problems which came back

Negative. Another Gp eventually said he thought it might be sinisitius and put me on antibiotics which didn't help. After another month of pain and being unable to blow my nose without steam inhalation I was referred for a CT scan. This came back with no indicators of sinisitius and they are now referring me to

Neurology. I am literally going out of my mind. I am permenantly in pain and cannot get through my day as a primary school teacher without painkillers. I am constantly tired, my eyes are still swollen and hurt and I am no closer to figuring what is going on. Anyone with a similar experience or ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. I just want to feel like myself again!!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Poor u and me....everyones is different...............all I say is try an anti inflammatory, thats all I use, not even sure if does anything, I use it for a few days then stop on and off all the time. Mine is head pressure and barely function sad good luck to both of us , well and everyone else in here
  • Posted

I feel your pain and really don't know what it is. However, I want to share few things you can take that could help your symptoms while you are looking for a cure.

Supplement Bromalain helps with sinus pressure, inflammation and cure. Quercitin does as well.

Just in case that you may have a bacterial infection try monolaurin and caprylic acid, that kill bacteria and fungus which can cause head pressure.

• Posted

My main problem now is pain in my cheekbones and swelling puffiness under my eyes which gets worse as the day progresses. By evening time it hurts to keep them open because the pressure is so great. Does anyone have any suggestions for promoting drainage under the eyes?
  • Posted

To start are you having postnasal discharge? You are not sure if you have sinusitis. One of the typical symptoms is that. Are you on the Nhs? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.