Suture question!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a little bump at the end of my suture and when they took them

Out the very last one the doctor said sorry if this hurt but the skin started growing  over it do you guys think thats what the bump  is from I have my apt to see if my bones are healing the 15th so I was thinking of asking the doctor but I just wanted to know what everyone else thought!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi.....It's a possibility that the stitch has caused the little bump..... maybe a bit of scar tissue.

I'm not sure how many weeks you are but if the wound has heald and the scabs have all gone gently massaging the area will help break down any scar tissue....

I used a small amount of comfry oil to help ease the massaging.....But only once heald properly... this was about 7 weeks for me.

Not long until the 15th, then you can have your mind put at ease.

Hope all goes well.

• Posted

I’m at 5-6 weeks right now so it hasn’t been to long haha still waiting for the steri strips to fall off! 

Thank you 

• Posted

Hi I had a couple of tucks in my scar or that's what I'd have called them if it was fabric. By the time I got to the wound it was completely healed. (Cast on for 3 months)

I rubbed it with rosehip oil being quite vigorous on tucks and they are much better now. Can't see much of the rest of the scar or the other two scars at all.

My feet have never been so soft; )

• Posted

I’m going on about 5-6 weeks post injury I’m coming up on my apt on the 15th I wasn’t in a cast they have me in an air boot for my broken fibula! So when I definitely can start rubbing stuff on it I’ll defin have to try that!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.