Suzie1954

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I was weaned off anti depressants in Oct/2015. After getting over the initial withdrawal symptoms I thought I was alright. For the past month or so I have felt the depression gradually returning. Feeling anxious, very sad and lost Interest in things I usually enjoy doing. I've made an appointment with my gp which is next Wednesday. I'm hoping my gp will put me back on citralapam. Has anyone else had similar experiences to this. Just like to add that nothing in particular has happened to cause me to feel so down. K

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Why do G.P's always resort to pills .Ask him if you can see a councillor, you

just sit one to one and talk ,usually for an hour ,gets you to see what your 

problem is, and they are not judgemental or tell you what to do, and definitely 

NO Pills, Don't rely on pills,  they just cause more problems 

Make the effort and do one thing that you enjoy  I know ,Iv'e been down that road ,it really is up to you, to get yourself back on track Big hug x

• Posted

Thanks Jacqueline, I attended counselling a six week course a while ago which did help. For me I think the combination of counselling and medication worked best. I was doing ok until gp took me off meds. I was taking them for three years and didn't have any side effects. I now feel that I should not of been taken off them.
    • Posted

Morning Sue, first coffee of the day (in  bed,and catch up time for mail)

Saw my councillor yesterday, and she sacked me ,because she said that

I was doing so well with getting back to stopping feeling unable to 

control my life, and started doing things ,like you, that  I had stopped doing

Can't be bothered syndrome   ,mind you ,this awful weather doesn't

help.and, I hate the darkness of winter

My attitude to pills is rather different to yours,as they are given to

mask problems or pains that G.P's can't be bothered to get to the 

bottom of.so I either refuse or bin them, and sort myself out,with some 

help from H&B

I' m off for a bit of retail therapy to celebrate my release biggrin

Big hug

• Posted

also point is why do GP's take you off meds as you are getting along ok with them,  to consider is: other medical conditions mean you need to take meds for the rest of your life so depression shouldnt ncessessary be regarded differently sometimes, each person is different.
    • Posted

Yes I think your right debi a case of if it's not broken dont try and fix it. Hopefully gp will put me back on them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.