Svt?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello to everyone, im from italy , 40 years old, and found this website really interesting. I have been anxyous since i was a child; at 8 years old i got my first tachycardia while i was sitting, my father took me to the hospital and they said it was synusal rhythm. I had some other times and every time i went to the hospital they couldnt never register a tsv. Then i had one episode when i was 19. After that for about 10 years i didnt have any episodes but i started to suffer of agoraphobie and again i got several episodes always at night while i was sleeping, and get really worry, start to think that im dying and want to run to the hospital, I woke up with heart beat, sometimes it lasts couple of minutes, sometimes it lasts more but never more than 15/20 minutes , once i went to the hospital and heartbet was still high (around 145) but still synusal rithm. lately i had it more often,about 10 times in one month, that is really weird... Im afraid to have an electrophysiological study, i mean i would have it if i had a dyagnose of svt. I had 5 times a hearth monitor , but didnt catch the arythmia. I would like to ask if anyone of you had an ep study without having dyagnose of svt, and also if you can suggest me some of that small monitors that you can activate while you have the tachycardia to register an ekg. Thank you very much for reading and sorry for my English.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi you could ask for a loop recorder small device placed under the chest skin I have one or maybe a kardia monitor

• Edited

I have the Kardia monitor which has helped me to catch my svt episodes It was definitely worth the money!

• Edited

Thanks Paulllie i will look for that model

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.