Svt

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am a 55 year lady and up until 51; I was fit and healthy. I went to the gym five times a week , doing spin , pump and running. The out of the blue I was diagnosed as having SVT, after seeing a cardiologist., had ecgs, bloods , echo and mri stress test. I have a pill in the pocket to take when having an attack. Which is becoming more often. After an attack I have chronic chest pains and just feel awful. Also the chest pains last for days / weeks . I get them even when I don’t have svt. Does anyone else experience this pain , it’s in the chest on,t on the left hand side and over and under the breast. 

Does any one else get this type of pain with svt . Thanks 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I am a 60 year old woman who has had SVT since the age of 12. Over the last few years I have had chest pain when I have had an SVT episode. Also I have difficulty breathing while going through an episode. I never use to get chest pain but do now. Mine is right in the middle and lasts until my heart reverts back to normal. Unlike yours it doesn’t last for days. If I was you I would just check in with your cardiologist to see what he thinks. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am under a cardiologist and we are now checking for cardiac syndrome x. I need some more tests.

my svt seems to age worse with menopause.... 

i feel very very depressed about the whole thing, svt, and chest pain. Omg, xxx

• Posted

Hi! I had those symptoms before but not for days just when I had svt, I can recommend you an ablation. I did the first one three years ago and apparently it did not work, I went to the second one two months ago and I feel great, my heart still has extra beats but nothing compare as I was before. Since that time I had no more svt, for me is like I can’t believe I feel so good, no more svt! I understand how you feel, the ablation so far it works this second time.  No more pain, no more shortness of breath, no more ER , no more Metroprolol.  Talk to your cardiologist ask him if you can do an ablation. 
    • Posted

I also should have mentioned an increase in SVT with the onset of menopause. I understand how depressing it can be. People who don’t have it can’t understand how at times it just consumes you body and mind. For me I am not considering an ablation at this time. I know from reading some of the posts here some people have had great success and others have not. I think it’s a personal choice and maybe something you can talk to your cardiologist about. Know that you are not alone in what you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you. ❤️
  • Posted

I have no pain with my SVT, just a major discomfort, lightheaded and very weak.  Very uncomfortable like something pressing on my chest.
  • Posted

I am 71, I do not have pain when I have an attack, there is pressure and an ache which goes away when it’s over, it makes me feel unwell for days after though.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.