Svt

Posted , 3 users are following.

i'm 65 years old, have had four or five svt experiences, over the past 15 years. twice i was treated at the hospital, where my heart rate was over 200 bpm.

Now this week i had another one, that sent me to the hospital,again had two drugs adminastrated one stops the heart the second one restarts it. everything was ok for two days and then had a nother incedent that i went to the hospital, this time it settled down on its own, and agian yesterday ,i had a nother experience, so three this week. i placed a bag of ice above my eyes, and it settled down. as i was experiencing the one yesterday I Realized i just bindged on the halloween chocolate, coffee crisp, smarties and areo mini bars, I,m hoping that was the triger,

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I am 64 years old. Mine just started Feb 2016 Never had issues prior.

I wish I could say I have only had that many episodes. My last one last week was # 50

• Posted

Have you been referred to a cardiologist? If your SVT is becoming more frequent and impacting your quality of life it may be worth looking into medication or ablation therapy. I think I've had like six SVT episodes so far - had my first one when I was 13 (now 23). My heart rate has sometimes been as high as 240bpm and sometimes I've needed to go to hospital and have adenosine to revert the episode. Currently on Verapamil 120mg daily and that so far has kept the SVT under control for me - currently waiting to have an ablation to hopefully get rid of the SVT for good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.