Svt

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi hope someone can advise. Please. So I was diagnosed on 1st March with SVT and given verapamil 120mg, so because I'm nervous I dident take them until last Friday anyway woke up with racing heart Thursday morning and awful ectopics, I emailed my consultant dident think it was tablets but said could be nerves, I do suffer with bad nerves and been off the scale now since Thursday everytime I move about my heart is racing if I walk upstairs it races, not the same as svt attack, but still racing. Its fairly normal at rest between 60 and 70, but when I first wake up it races and I start shaking as I'm dreading my heart racing.

He advised come off tablets for few days but if no better it's not the verapamil, it's driving me mad now. I have emailed consultant to see shall I start back on verapamil.

Any advice anyone please as nerves are off the scale.

Thank you Becky

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

hi hun maybe you need to try a different medication I'm on metropolol and it helps with my anxiety as well so maybe talk to your cardiologist about different meds as there is plenty out there and not all work for us good luck

• Edited

I ended up in hospital with my heart rate no lower than 140 on these doctors said you will be fine I gave it a week couldn't even get out of bed and I stopped taking then and went back on my old meds these obviously didn't agree with me

• Posted

Hi Deborah how long did it take for you to feel a bit better once you come off them, I came off mine, last Thursday, but I just think anxiety has taken over now. Xxx

• Posted

only a few days as my propranolol kicked in stopped me shaking and rapid heartbeat maybe ask for something else

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.