SVT Ablation?

Posted , 3 users are following.

It has been recommended I undergo ablation to correct my SVT...who has had this procedure? What was the process like? Have you had success? Will it also correct the PVC's/ PAC's? My episodes occur 6 to 8 times yearly and are largely controlled on a beta blocker...I suffer from heavy anxiety surrounding my heart health...has anyone else had this experience prior to ablation and did it correct your anxiety following? Thank you for your thoughts.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Before Christmas 2016, I was fit and healthy and working. But I was getting the occasional broad complex tachycardia, admittedly on boxing day it worried me deeply, apart from that, it was just a funny feeling I would get inside. They put me on Beta-blockers, right away I turned into a breathless old man, when they took me off beta-blockers for an EP study, I started getting frequent long runs of Ventricular Tachycardia, 12 hours on the day the ambulance took me in for an ablation. The performing cardiologist seemed a little mifted when I described the proceedure as worst than when my leg was hanging off following a motorcycle accident, I would rather go through that again than an ablation. That was about 9 weeks ago, I now feel as if I am nearly dead but not quite, breathless with a constant feeling of my breath being snatched away, totally exhausted, and with frequent pains in my heart. Havnt been back to work since March and I live alone. So, my current condition I do not know how much of it is a result of the beta-blockers, the whole of the medical establishment denighs they can do lasting damage, so it must be either an underlying heart condition, that the ablation only stopped deteriorating into VT without curing the underlying fault?, maybe depression has an effect as well? What I do know is my health went rapidly and a long way down hill as soon as the NHS got involved. I am wondering if the ablation has given me Pericardial effusion as this can occur after ablation, I have all the symptoms and my attached ecg shows high "T" waves which are a feature of PE. Not getting any help from NHS, they will see me at the three month aniversary of me ablation and I already know they will claim any after effects are a result of something else rather than my ablation. The cardiologists tell me to see my GP and the GP tell me to see my cardiologists! 

• Posted

You have to click on the little pink rectangle to see my ecg, this is what it does now after the ablation, not the pre ablation VT which looked like this
  • Posted

Hi the anxiety is all part of the game the mind plays so many games & the doctors don't help much you go in with a question and you come out with a lot Moore then you went in with for example some doctors say take the bisoprolo others say no as I am not confused enough all ready & scard 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.