SVT ablation help

Posted , 4 users are following.

So glad to see all the help for those of us with SVT. Thank you all. Although I was diagnosed this last year I've had this my whole life. I just never knew what it was. They've been trying to control it with meds but it slows my blood pressure down so they're suggesting I really consider the ablation. Any hospital procedure makes me nervous but from what I'm reading this could be a good thing for me. Right before Thanksgiving is when they're looking at doing it.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Good for you CindyRose.

I had an unsucessful ablation done in June. They could not dedect the irregular circuit and feel it was becaause of the anxiety medication I was on.

I will go back in a minute if they decide to do a repeat but I must be off this med for some time before. So all I have to do is get this anxiwty in control and get off the med. 

I was REALLY nervous for the procedure but went through it without sedation. It really is how people say it is once you are into it. They explain everything that that are doing and talk to you. Very kind people. They understand how nervous you are. By the way I had mine done in Toronto.

IWhen I was on the Bisoprolol and also taking blood pressure meds my blood pressure also got very low. I had to adjust the amount of blood pressure pills myself.

Wishing you best of luck. You will be fine. Just think of being SVT free!!!!!

• Posted

I suspect I've had this condition for many years. I was just "diagnosed". I put that in quotations because I'm still wearing the heart monitor and haven't an official diagnosis.

• Posted

Best way to capture an S.V.T is to finding what triggers it or having an EP (electrophysiology) study done on your heart. 

• Posted

Ablation is a safe procedure that usually is fine. It's not a surgery it's just a procedure. The worst part about the whole ordeal is the fact afterwards you'll be lying down for about 5-6 hours. 

It cured my S.V.T but I do have a odd heart anormality which is present but I'm an oddcase. I guarantee you 100% that it will go according to plan. Beta blockers are the worst and blood pressure medications simply just have an awful feeling towards them. Just on a side note if you do decide to get the procedure which you will mostly likely be 'awake but sedated' for when you feel something jump in your chest don't get scared just try to go with the medication they give you and zone out and don't think about much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.