Svt after affects..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all, with a lot of reading over the years this is my first time posting about my svt.. I'm 31 years old an up until now I've always just brushed off my attacks. I usually have 1 good one a year that last an hour to maybe 2 hours of an average of 140-150 beats per minute.. I just had one yesterday cuz I dunked my head in cold water to wash some dirt off an it must have triggered it.. my heart went back into rythem about an hour or so later.. but after I was so fatigued all I wanted to do was go to sleep.. now the next I'm still tired feeling with an achy feeling in my left shoulder an all around just foggy feeling.. this seems to always happen after an attack an I usually battle with 3-4 days after an attack.. is this normal? Does anyone else experience this? I don't know if it's cause it cuz of my svt or cuz my anxiety kicks in?? Anyways hope all is well hope i can get some

Input..

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I thought you aren't suppose to stay in SVT for a long time, per my Dr....I know we try to revert back as best we can, to avoid a trip to the hospital....but perhaps an hour plus of SVT contributes to your fatigue etc.

• Posted

That always happend to me after an attack of SVT; I was completely wiped out the following day and not really back to normal for about another day after that.  My attacks lasted for hours - often over 200bpm and I was never able to convert them, I just rested and waited them out.  I recommend an ablation!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.