SVT and anti depressants

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, im thinking of starting an anti depressant (possibly Prozac/fluxotine).. i think i might need it for a bit...i took it in my early 20s. I am now 41. (Will not go into the long explanation as to why on here). I am slightly concerned about how it may affect my svt, which has not been symptomatic this year..but was not so good the year before etc. Anyone else been diagnosed with SVT, who takes TC anti depressants? Any advice? Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I take fluoxetine daily and have diagnosed SVT

I have since had a catheter ablation but before i had that i was on AD and they didnt make it worse.

All the best,

Amy

• Posted

Hi,

I took fluoxetine 1.5 years from fear of an SVT episode, while I was on it everything was fine, lived my life without fear, but when I stopped taking it everything came back... so everything was much better while I took antidepressant. Hope it will help you too!

• Posted

I am taking Prozac with 2.5 mg Bisoprolol - don't believe there are any contra-indications with this combination. Prozac can of course have it's own side affects so I should make sure you read up on those before you take it however I seem to be so if I were you I would try it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.