Svt and anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone here is my story heart palpitations feel like I can't breath I knew it was not just anxiety been down this road10 years ago never found the reason medication took care of it and just like that anxiety gone now been suffering heart doctor could not find nothing tries other medication made me worse sent me to a doctor that deals with the electrical part of the heart he found svt it was in a hard place has to wait another month for ablation just has it done Tuesday still have hard palpations that go up and down anxiety terrible some days so able I know by reading it's gonna take awhile to heal then all will go away can't wait palpations don't scare me just my body going into anxiety mode all on its own wish they would of known what it was years ago so I would know if I'm gonna need my meds again I would have been took them my de said surgery went well avt gone I can tell when I feel my heart it's beating the same way but how they tell it's gone mine didn't show on EKG or heart echo but u look at the monitor and EKG and say it's gone I heard while in surgery they test it can't wait to be free and feel like I can breath again anyone else feel this way and got better

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Billyjo. Am I right in thinking you've had an ablation recently but are still a little worried because you are still getting palpitations?

• Posted

It seems to be normal for it to take a month or two for the heart to heal and settle down after an ablation. During this time it often seems like SVT is about to start. I had a lot of heart jitters, palpitations, flutters and missed beats during the first month or two but they eventually went away (or I just stopped noticing them) and I haven't had an SVT episode since.

Hopefully you'll start to feel better every day and feel less anxious as you realise your SVT is gone smile

• Posted

My ablation was successful but I still have palpations all the time some strong then where I can't feel them up and down all day gonna give it time to heal I got my metoprolol on hand heart rate in 90s resting I get up its up and over a hundred my arrhythmia is gone so Im just waiting for it to heal to see if there is another svt that didn't show up I felt food this past week then yesterday felt breathing wasn't right rhenrhen y body goes into anxiety by itself today better

• Posted

Ask them to do a TTT (Tilt Table Test) my daughter had SVT did the ablation. Had PVC PAC weird can't breathe episodes. Did TTT today.....she still has SVT but not as severe.

• Posted

Great! I am glad for you! My daughter had the ablation 10 months ago and they told her it was a success too. But she kept having weird episodes. She has a resting heart rate of 66 so when they put her on Metoprolol she felt really tired all the time. Her SVT would Spike to 240. But now it spikes to 140. So it seems they just didn't zap quite enough but I'd rather the error be on the not enough then the too much. Listen to your body and never think it's all in your head. Good Luck!

• Posted

I know it's not in my head been down this road before I know there could be svt don't always show up when they so the study so if it don't go after proper healing I'm going to try my metoprolol again it stopped working after ten years because svt so if it don't work again then I will have to have another study done

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.