SVT and POTS

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone suffer from SVT and postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS)? Many of the symptoms overlap but I'm starting to suspect that I may have both issues.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have SVT but not Pots

My type of SVT is Atrial Tachycardia

• Posted

I have atrial SVT as well but I'm starting to suspect that I may also have POTS

• Posted

How high do your episodes get ?

How were you diagnosed with AT?

How do you get out of episodes?

I was told that adenosine does not help AT

• Posted

I was diagnosed with anxiety for years until I started passing out. Then I saw a cardiologist and was told that I had episodes of tachycardia that were no big deal. I started having really long episodes of tachycardia for hours and hours then I saw another cardiologist who referred me to an electrophysiologist (EP). The EP looked at my records and immediately said that I had atrial tachycardia and would need an ablation. I had the ablation a couple days later. It's been 5 weeks and my tachycardia has improved but it's still happening in the morning so my EP put me on Corlanor. With my other symptoms, I'm thinking I also have POTS.

I took magnesium to help with the episodes but there were a lot that I didn't even realize were happening. I was initially given anti anxiety meds and antidepressants but I had horrible side effects and none of it was helping my tachycardia. I would recommend taking magnesium, it helped me a lot and all of my doctors recommended it to me.

• Posted

Thank you for that.

I am taking magnesium glycinate (sp?)

Funny, I asked ,my EP about taking magnesium He laughed at me and said, well...If you think it's working.......

\Obviously he knows nothing about it

• Posted

I do! Had a confirmed SVT 4 years ago and was diagnosed with POTS (although I never had the tilt table test) after the delivery of my son the following year. You're right that the symptoms can overlap and it can definitely be confusing. Have you already been diagnosed with one? I think the biggest difference for me is that the SVTs seem to start off with a big palpitation, whereas the POTS is moreso just a higher than appropriate heart rate that can build without a palpitation (in my experience). But it's hard to differentiate and has certainly caused me a lot of anxiety trying to figure out whats actually going on.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.