Svt and pvc’s oh my!

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello everyone! Im so glad ive found this forum. reading all your posts makes me a calmer person knowing there are so many others who feel the same way i feel everyday. Ive had an ablation when i was 30 due to episodes of SVT (super ventricular tachycardia.) my heart rate would spike over 200 bpm in seconds and last for long periods of time and sometimes for just a few minute. I have learned from my doctors and google to cough and bare down (like making a bowl movement) and it stops the svt. the ablation worked for about 10 years. I am now 41 and im experiencing little episodes lately and lots of pvc's. My anxiety is through the roof and most likely not helping. How do you differentiate the two? is it anxiety or is it my svt and pvc's acting up? The worst is the paused beats...like your heart almost stops for a second and you feel like you hit a wall. I get those laying down and walking around...so annoying. Ive had an EKG and an ECO and everything seems fine so what the frig! I also feel like my head is in a constant fog which also triggers my anxiety. I could almost accept living with an arrhythmia but the anxiety is debilitating. My family and friends are so supportive. while I know they care they also think its all in my head. I guess im just looking for some validation that im not crazy and not the only one going through this. thanks for reading 😃

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have had svt and missed heart beats for many years, prior to the big one in 2017 i was having short runs of my heart racing which would only last a couple of minutes. in 2017 i had an attack of 197 beats a minute which had me hospitalized and given the dreaded adenisone to revert it. i was unaware what this was for many years until then. At the moment i,m on Bisoprolol which seemed to have kept it in control for the last year. A few funny feelings on this drug which limit my life though. i was on the list for an ablation but due to the coronavirus it was delayed. it is real this problem and nobody should think its all in the head, i had lots of attacks whilst sleeping which woke me up and frightened me, i thought i was dying. i sympathise with you.

• Posted

You are not crazy!!!!

I was the same when I had my first episode, Just freaked me out

That was february 2016.

I have learned to not get anxious when ones starts. I actually get p*d off. My family will hear me say....

son of a bh. They all take off and let me get to it.

The only anxiety I get is when I am out somewhere, I have that urgent feeling that I need to get home and deal with it.

I have been getting so many episodes lately even though I am taking a calcium Channel blocker.. It does nothing for me.

I have gone for 3 attempted ablation but all 3, I never got to the ablated part. Long story........

• Posted

Hi, definitely not crazy! I don't have the svt problem, but have been dealing with pvc's for about 7 years now. They come and go with no rhyme or reason and can last for a few seconds to months. For me it seems to be related to digestion and gas coming up the esophagus. I can't offer any help other than letting you know you're not the only one!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.