svt attacks more frequent

Posted , 2 users are following.

I m getting 2 svt attacks a week now and have to go to the hospital, is there light at the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello angelhark- must be very scary for you. I know it was for me. Wrong drug to start with, had nasty effect. Now the verapamil- took a bit of getting used too but 2x daily seems to be working mostly. When the tremble starts I put my half a valium under my tongue, crush half a verapamil and swig down with coke (yuk), lay on my left side and put the tv on loud till it passes. Maybe they havent got your dose right yet? Keep hopeful, things will get better I am sure. this is just another nuisance to put up with ... be strong.
  • Posted

I m on bisoprolo fumarate 3.75 mg tablets at the moment but I dont think there working sometimes my heart feels like its missing beats or skipping beats that can go for hours , I m strugging to cope with it at moment feeling very depressed.
  • Posted

Yep. I know all these feelings, so now I just check 4 heartbeats, ignore the stupid skip and jump and duh duh duh do, and try not to get too angry. I am lucky, there is great help here in my country, hope you can get yourself sorted soon- dont get depressed- think yourself lucky you are still walking around. plenty of others worse off than us with real constant pain ---
  • Posted

I no think I m feeling sorry for myself had a bad night last night with the skipped beats I wait to see if it goes back in rythum sometimes ig doesnt that's when I have a big svt attack and sometimes I have to have the injection at the hospital .x
  • Posted

I wonder what your jab is ? only jabs I had were to stop my heart and that didnt work apart from making me furious ( I am not a tolerant person when it comes to docs and nurses ) Have you tried the fetal position, advice I picked up from others with SVT? and noise to stop yourself listening to your heart ? Anyway come on over to my FB and sign a few petitions for me -- keep occupied -- Jay Way.
  • Posted

The injection began with a send me your name on Facebook what potions are x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.