Svt comes on when shopping and walking for several hours is this a trigger

Posted , 5 users are following.

Last svt came on after going around town for several hours although I didn't stop it for a rest I'm wondering could this be my trigger I'm currently in my dressing gown wondering when to get walking and out again still recovering from bring in hospital after last cardioversion for svt anyone with info or own story's please reply

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I noticed I would get short of breath easier than normal. It won't induced my SVT but might give me anxiety that will trigger the SVT. If is a very humid day that will trigger it too.

• Posted

Hi Sarah how long have you had svt and do you feel it limits your everyday life and getting out
  • Posted

I've had svt several times after an exhausting day of hiking, traveling, or just being stressed out.  The first time I had svt I noticed my heartbeat was very strong and rapid, about 200 beats per minute. I had to call the paramedics and they gave me adenosine by iv 4x. My heartrate finally went back to a normal rate. Whenever I have an svt attack, I try taking deep breaths, splashing my face with cold water, doing a val salva maneuver, and just lie down and rest. I usually feel better after 1hour or less. I don't drink any caffeine drinks or alcohol, but I do still eat chocolate! 

• Posted

Have you ever had a svt when not doing anything as the strange thing about mine is in the beginning I would always wake up very early around 6 am and then go in to svt and this pattern continued always early in the morning however the last couple have come from walking around ie shopping and a day trip out
    • Posted

Have you had a lot of attacks and how long have you been suffering ??
  • Posted

My first known svt episode occurred more than 10 years ago. I was shopping and all of a sudden I felt that my heart was beating heavily in my upper abdomen. I called my doctor and she told me to come to her office asap. I was able to drive to her office, so my heartrate was manageable. After that I didn't have any episodes until 2012.  I would get svt attacks about 3-4x a year. I usually have shortness of breath and get anxious, so I try to relax and lie down. I also get premature atrial contractions once in awhile which makes me more anxious. I feel sick whenever I get heart palpitations. I'm currently not taking any meds. 

• Posted

I'm on betablokers and an due to see a electrophysiologist

• Posted

I was prescribed a beta blocker (Bystolic), but I decided not to take it because I was afraid of the side effects. I see my electrophysiologist at least once a year or if my symptoms get worse. He suggested doing an ablasion, but he said I don't get svt too often.

• Posted

It's awful when it comes on I'm at the point where not getting out a lot just hD a terrible svt experience while on holiday in USA . Ended up having a cardioversion in states and so poorly had a terrible 10 hour flight where staff needed to give me oxygen and to finish off paramedics came on to the plane upon landing and I was taken to hospital where I spent another 5 days in . On holiday had spent 2 night s in hospital still relaxing after it all .

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your experience. I had a small svt episode today. I had shortness of breath, but I don't know what triggered it. I'm considering getting an ablation. I hope you feel better and your electrophysiologist can help you.

• Posted

Hi sorry to hear you had one today hope your feeling better , when I have mine I always end up in hospital as they last hours and adenosine doesn't work I have cardioversion to stop the svt ism new to this and just when I think I know my trigger it starts and having avoided the trigger I'm back to square one wondering what set it off ....what were you doing when your svt started today ?

• Posted

I was just eating lunch. My heartrate was faster than normal, but not beating hard. Usually when I have a full svt attack, my heart beats very hard and fast. It must be difficult to manage your svt since adenosine doesn't stop it. I hope you can manage it. Do you have any problems with anxiety because of svt? I do.

• Posted

Hi no I don't have any anxiety but lately getting pretty fed up of wondering when one may happen I have children and the holidays are approaching and in the back of my mind is what if I drive of four for the day and have one what about the kids , what would happen 4of us get into a ambulance lol ....however I don't what to sit here and become house bound !!!! Just had appointment with electrophysiologist and in about 3 months going in for electrical mapping of hart but will be fully sedated ....when I have svt always end up in ambulance and in hospital generally have cardioversion to stop it just been put in new tablet to

• Posted

Sorry correct to above trying to type fast and predicted text putting in words what I ment to write was ......what if I was out somewhere for the day with the kids in holidays just me and kids and had a svt the last one before my holiday came on after shopping with my daughter it just makes me think do I need another adult to come what a way to carry on
    • Posted

I know what you're going throug. My attacks happen out the blue on a regular basis which has made doing everyday normal things very difficult. I'm going for my second op next week which will hopefully fix this smile

Ask them to bring your op forward if it's happening often.

• Posted

Yes I was sedated the first time and it didn't work. They are going to try again without sedation which is said to have a higher success rate...fingers crossed

• Posted

I've been today to see a electrophysiologist and the plan is to sedate me and try but got to wait for appointment to come through they did say if that fails would have to have it awake next time ... They have also given me some new medication to start tomorrow are you taking anything ?

• Posted

Just realised you decided on not taking the betablokers
    • Posted

I was on Teva bisprol but have just stopped as you need to be off it a week before hand. I found the beta blockers really helped but I still had a few SVT episodes because I was on a really low dose. Good luck with your op, lots of people have positive experiences being sedated so don't worry. X

• Posted

How awful. I just had a bad episode while traveling in Switzerland. Converted after 2 doses of Adenosine. Luckily, it was my last day of vacation. They gave me a beta blocker for the 12 hr flight home. Just some tiny 5 second episodes since. Getting an echo and stress echo next 2 weeks, and the cardiologist recommended ablation. I'm seriously considering it. I don't want the constant thought that I could have another bad episode at any time. I'm thinking my trip was the perfect storm of triggers:alcohol, caffeine, strenuous exercise, adrenaline...then bending over to pack my suitcase...my usual trigger...and boom, I end up in a Swiss ER!

Hope you're doing better after your episode.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.