Svt coming back?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 19 year old. About two and half years ago I had catheter ablation to treat SVT after a two hour episode in hospital, since then I've had chest pains and a heightened awareness' of my heart beat. I take a betablocker to control ectopic beats and amytrityline to control the chest pains. Recently over the past few months I've started to feel the 'flutter' it's easily recognisable to myself. sometimes it occurs when I'm speed walking and just today whilst I was sat down doing nothing in particular. Can this be svt reoccurring, any help would be appreciated, starting to freak out.

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

  • Posted

    It could be your anxiety, I just had an ablation 2 months ago and I am also aware of my heartbeat only when I'm laying down. But I don't feel any flutters or skipped beats. I thought I heard skipped beats were normal the last time I went to the er. Try not freak out. I think the more you think about it the more you aware of it. I know it's easier said then done as I suffer from anxiety myself. Anxiety can also cause chest pain. I would talk to your cardio for reassurance if you need so. I know it can be scary.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I think this sometimes but I'm 100% sure I felt it, the svt flutter, I do have skipped beats anyway within my rhythm but it's completely different feeling. It's a weird situation I guess

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I just had my ablation 10 days ago. I have been in quite a bit of pain during my recovery - very short of breath and I've noticed flutters as well. My cardiologists told me this would be normal during the healing process but should go away with time. After 2 years though I would not imagine you should still be having the symptoms. Remember cardio ablations are only 90% effective which are great odds but you could be in that 10% where the ablation doesn't work. So you might have to ask for a 30-day heart monitor to make sure that you're not still having recurring SVT. It's definitely worth it.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi

      I have my ablation booked for the 20th April. What was your experience like I am so nervous! Do you feel any pain or discomfort while they are ablating? X

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Hannah,

      I was semi conscious when I had my ablation and honestly, I did feel pain I "woke" as they was mid procedure which was an undescrible pain. But it was only seconds until they sedated me again, I don't mean to scare you, just being honest. But I'd do it again if I had to! Recovery was okay pain here and there. The most difficult thing for me was walking hahah as they went through my groin, but it was worth it. Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine 😊 X

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      I've had tests and monitors since, but nothing's shown apart from the eptopic beats. But it is hard to catch anyway so maybe they're just missing it, I'm not sure, maybe I'll wait a couple months see if I feel it again and if so go back. I just feel like doctors push me away because I'm young. Thank you for your reply.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi

      Yes they seem to be more concerned about the healing of your groin! I have been granted 2 weeks off work so at least I can fully recover. Hope you have a speedy recovery 🙂X

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hey Hannah I also was awake during my ablation and yes I felt pain. They sedated me but it just didn't seem to help in my case. When they were doing the actual ablation they gave me additional sedation which is I think the only reason I was able to get through it but the groin pain was really significant. The recovery from the grind pain is okay but you're pretty sure that first week. I'm still in about my 11th day after the procedure and I'm still feeling pretty cruddy but I've been told the recovery takes a minute but apparently it's worth it. I'll let you know as I keep getting better.

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi

      Was the pain mainly through the groin area? I keep having visions of me laying there in agony while they try to ablate. I know everyone has different experiences but it's the fear of the unknown! Hope you have a speedy recover and have lots of rest! X

      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up