Svt for 12months had 6 episodes

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had 6 attacks of svt , adenosine never works , I always end up in hospital as they last sevrsl hours or more , I have to be put to sleep and given a shock to the heart to stop the svt , I have no idea what triggers them they used to start early in the morning but are not coming at all times any Info ....,,,

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nichola, do you find anything seems to trigger your episodes? or does it occur both at rest and when your moving about more?

Mine seemed to be triggered by adrenaline, for example of something startled me I'd then skip a beat and then go into it

• Posted

In the begging I would get out of bed in the morning after sleeping and have one then as the episodes have progressed they are happening when I've been out in the day walking around without rest example shopping , I have had svt only since last August and had about 6 attacks all lasting hours and needing a cardioversion what about you ?

• Posted

do you get symptoms before you go into svt ?
    • Posted

I used to get completely random attacks a few years ago. Smoking a fair bit the night beofer (before I quit) would almost guarantee an attack the next morning. Hangovers with dehydration also another trigger. I sometimes would feel skipped beats. This would be a precursor to an episode sometimes. 

Nowadays however if I have an attack it's thankfully not too common but it's nearly 100% caused by something giving me an adrenaline rush, for example if a lound noise makes me startled or jump, then I feel like a panic wave and this sets the SVT off. I could be in the gym for hours and nothing would happen at all.  This may only happen once a year

If I like on my back reading a book for example sometimes I will feel like a thump still, and it's a skipped beat similar to what the start of an attack feels like but would pass. If i was feeling stressed I also felt like this would make me more likely to have an attack. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.