svt help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Had 2 attacks one just the day on both these ive had to go to hospital it has stopped on its own after 3 hours and a beat of 200 it really frightens me I feel like I m going to die I m on beater blockers , can some one reassure me please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, angelhawk. is it svt you have been diagnosed with? and also how long have you had it?

I have had mine for 28 years now and I have svt. My first one happened when i was 12 years old and i luckly had just come out of the swimming baths and was in the changing room. to say it has impeded on my life and lifestly would be an understatement. I was not allowed to join the Navy when I left school due to having at the time an unknown heart condition and it has taken 28 years to find out what it was. I have had numerous monile ecg machines fitted in the post attack years but i have never had an episode whilst wearing one so they have never been able to confirm what i had.

recently whilst walking down the street in july and tripping (not drunk either) i managed to break my right wrist fairly bad and needed a reduction. while i was in A&E the re-sus nurse motioned to the consultant and mentioned someonething about my heart. Finally after being not taken seriously for all those years someone had spotted it smile

in a way it made me feel a 100% thrilled that it had been found but in another way i then started feeling very pprehensive and if i am honest a little scared that i might have something wrong with me (which i already knew).

I guess it was like a bury your head in the sand moment. all the worry was soon put to one side when i met my cardio consultant, Dr Peppr. Chris is a great guy and imo him and Andy Hogarth are the best 2 consultants you could be in the safe and caring hands of.

I was put onto betablockers for a few weeks and after a consultation with Chris i decided to take his professional advice and go for an Elctrophysiology study where they can perform the ablation at the same time.

This is done in a lab with your consultant and a full team of in my case fantastic caring people. From being admitted to the ward and then to be taken through to the lab the care and compassion i received was fantastic and second to none.

I felt that well looked after it was though I was a private patient. I have never met such a great deal of really nice people in one hospital.

The procedure itself if you have the option of having it done scared the pants off of me. When once i was on the bench apart from the initial worry (which was unfounded) everything went a lot better than i had convinced myself it would.

Your in great hands with a wealth of knowledge in one room. The procedure unlike some i had read about I was fully awake for and did not go to sleep at any point. The discomfort i was dreading was nothing like i had worried myself for and certainly would not hesitate about having it done again. By the way this is 24 hours after having the procedure and i feel fine. a little sore around the incision area but nothing bad at all. to be honest i have had splinters that have hurt more than what i went through yesterday.

sorry for a long and extensive post and please feel free to message me if i have left anything out at all or you need a little more reassurance.

• Posted

Hi did u get my other post x
  • Posted

I dont think my other post came through, I had a big attack in aug my heart beat was 200 beats a min for 3 hours then I had one for 2 hours on the 22 nd dec then another a week later which they gave me a injection at a&e to slow it down which worked , I m on beeter blockers for this because they picked it up at the hospital becayse I was in the middle of having one which was good that the ecg traced it, I get little ones every day but sometimes my heart doesnt go back in a normal beat its making me very depressed even though they tell me I wont die from it I dont believe them .I m 43 yrs old I think ive had this for years but never thoy anything about it and never this bad .xxxxx
  • Posted

How u feeling after opp x
  • Posted

A little tender around the catheter area just after the op and on Saturday. Sunday was a lot easier today I feel a little bruised but thats it. the procedure certainly is not bad at all so if you get offered it my advice would be to go for it. I seem to have been having more palpitations more frequently over the last few weeks and they are getting on my nerves now lol so I have my fingers crossed that it will work next time and get rid of it once and for allhopefully.
  • Posted

I m going to docs today about the amount of svt s ive 2 big ones in a week , did you have a lot x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.