SVT Hurts - should I be having severe chest pains with my SVT?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wore a 30-day heart monitor and got a diagnosis of SVT. I'm waiting for my doctor to be able to get me on his ablation schedule and at this point its at least going to be another month before I can get my procedure done. In the meantime I'm experiencing a lot of pain in my chest. Along with the other symptoms is chest pain normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I got chest pain with some of my SVT episodes, including the one during my ablation. It was in the center of my chest and went up into my throat. My EP said it had something to do with valves closing at the same time and causing pressure to build up.
    • Posted

Thank you! This all has been a scary experience! Just knowing someone else has similar symptoms helps so much!
  • Posted

Hi, it could be due to some trauma from the SVT but I don't think a lot of pain is a common symptom of SVT, probably more usually pretty minor aches or pains for those that do get them. I think if I were you I would get it checked as soon as possible. If nothing else, that will reassure you and take some stress and anxiety away whuch might make an SVT episode more likely.

No medic could ever question the wisdom of going to A&E to have unexplained chest pain investigated. 

Please let us know how you get on, and best of luck with the ablation in case I don't speak with you again before then. smile

• Posted

Thank you! My chest pain is mostly medium level and intermittent - but definitely uncomfortable.

I'll report back as soon as I've gotten my ablation. I'm sure to have a lot of questions.

Take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.