SVT, nooo -now I have atrial fibrillation and - - - -

Posted , 4 users are following.

200mg amiodarone daily since December 2014. (new cardiologist) Today the rattle started and I cant seem to stop it with the SVT remedies. Shall I crush another pill ? as I am worried now. The drug they gave me for SVT was awful, stopped my heart. like getting hit with a sledgehammer, Is there a different  drug for AF ? MY doctors phones are off. Please advise. anything  ... thankyou .... 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you are in AF now, best to go to A&E? They gave me fleccamide through a canular to stabilise mine and now on a beta blocker tablet called bisoprolol till next review x
    • Posted

Thankyou ...did the fleccamide work?  As I have only known about this AF since December I am not sure about whether to take another pill, I think I will as the A+E is pretty grim here at night-  fingers crossed it will stop . . 
  • Posted

The fleccamide taken via canular brought my hear rate back to normal very quickly, so fast that I went faint and felt sick, but was told that was because it was slowing my 200 rate down quickly., back to 60's to 70's. No probs since November when this all occurred and just taking a daily bisoprolol tab. Hope I can stop them too soon! No cause was given me for this occurrence so am in the dark as to why my heart went into AF in November!
  • Posted

UPDATE.  Its been over an hour, I crushed the pill, washed it down and walked briskly up and down the track till I was tired (not long- haa haa) and from 179 its now  78-  So, I may have discovered the answer and will contact my cardio guy for advice  - -  just in case it plays me up again ...  THANKYOU EVERYONE . . jay
    • Posted

Hi I was diagnosed with Afib 4 months ago and my Dr said if my heart rate went up to 120 to phone an ambulance. 
    • Posted

Hi, thankyou for that info, I didnt know that -  yesterday I was rattling away at highest 179. MY Doc was out today ,will try again tomorrow, think I need better advice. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.