svt or anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

or i was diagnosed with svt in 09 but never had another svt attack again, here about a week ago started having symptoms of svt again but my hr would go back down on its ow , i do also have anxiety im on meds for, so my pcc gave me atenolol and seen my cardio person and he gave me more, ive took it for three days made me feel out of my self, so my question is since ive been on it for three days could i just stop..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I know you posted 2 months ago but I'm wondering how you are doing? Did you stop and did you ever figure out if you have svt?
    • Posted

I do have svt and my cardio doc has me on atenolol 25mg that has been controling it, so im thinking I pro never had anxiety to begin with.
    • Posted

I miss read that part 😆. I've only recently been diagnosed with svt. I'm not on any medication since my attacks arent bad but it's my high heart rate that bothers me. I try to rest to help with my anxiety which I feel triggers my attacks. Maybe you can have your doctor run some test to see your stress/anxiety level.
    • Posted

Yes have had every test in the book on my heart and anxiety levels, nothing is wrong with my heart except the svt, and anxiety levels are down as well, medication is doing the trick for both.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.