Svt or something else?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since i was about 12 i have noticed episodes of SVT. I visited the GP 2 years ago and was referred for a holter monitor which caught my heart jumping to 185 during very light exercise. I'm 21 and otherwise very healthy. These episodes happen every few months on average, some last a minute although i've had a couple that have lasted about 45 minutes. Between the episodes i get palpitations here and there. I take verapamil for it which i can't tell is making a difference or not! Ever since i was young i can remember not being able to run as much as others my age even though i took part in so many sports which was quite frustrating. Each time i exercise after about 10 minutes i get extremely dizzy enough to affect my balance. I have had blood tests and my blood sugar is fine. I eat well and drink plenty. I ran only 10 minutes yesterday and my heart rate reached 195 I  am asthmatic but its quite mild. Is this considered normal? Could it be SVT causing this even though it can happen when im not having an episode? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I also forgot to say it takes about 15 minutes for the dizziness to go after exercise.
  • Posted

I'd go with what your health care people are telling you.  Your symptoms are certainly significant, and they'd concern me, too.  Have you associated anxiety with triggering any of this?  Panic disorder can create some very impressive cardiovascular symptoms.  I wish you well as you work through this.   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.