SVT or something worse?

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi everyone.

i had an ablation for SVT in 2017 which was successful.

i have the odd skipped beat now and again and little flutters.

this morning i was sat eating breakfast and my heart suddenly starting beating irratically, it made me panic straight away. this must have only lasted a second or 2 but was enough to send me into a frenzy.

i had got my little girl and had to take her to school. ive come home and cried and cried because im so scared that something bad is going to happen to me.

i had a 24hr ECG a couple of weeks ago, not heard anything (thats got to be a good sign) so i rang the doctors this morning and im waiting for a call back.

i dont know what to do im absolutely terrified, i feel sick, im just sat waiting for something to happen to me.

please help me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, How did you make out with your monitor, did your dr figure out what you experienced? I've never had an ablation but I think you can still get rapid beats w/o it becoming a prolonged episode.

• Posted

There's a very good chance you'll be told that you experienced an insignificant irregular rhythm. In my 3 or so years since my successful ablation, I've experienced lots of similar episodes, and quite a few have been recorded electronically. It took me lots of time to not feel panicky after an episode, but being continually told by my medical people that they are not signifiant eventually helped me to believe that. I very much wish the same for you. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.