SVT possible trigger by Vegas nerve

Posted , 13 users are following.

I was speaking with a herboligest ,he believes SVT is drive red by the Vegas nerve ,Can anyone reply to their knologe or experience 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I definitely think there is a connection.  I seem to have acid reflux/heartburn when I have an episode of SVT.  I think the acid irritates the vagus nerve.  Since the vagus nerve runs so close to the heart it just makes sense to me that there's a connection.
    • Posted

Thank you i also have the reflux,if that's the situation why haven't they figured out what to do with the Vegas nerve there got to be somthing other  than ablation ,betablokers  ,and other stuff ,that's a hit and miss may be there's just not enough of us thank you again  if you find somthing please advise
  • Posted

I'll let you know if I find out anything. I have been taking a low dose beta blocker since I was diagnosed six months ago.  Haven't been having many SVT's at all under a few days ago now they are back with a vengeance.  I don't really want to up my meds.  Hoping it will get better.  This condition is so frustrating I know.  Wish doctor's could look more for the "cause" rather than just say it's an electrical problem and nothing we can do except drugs or ablation. 
    • Posted

Please sort your acidity.. You will feel better. Homeopathy sorted it completely for me. I had a terrible two years dealing with this until now.
    • Posted

Could you tell me more about how homeopathy helped you?
  • Posted

Hi Jerry sorry to see your a sufferer also of svt. Not sure about your theory. I think 60 % of the population probably suffer from indegestion many of them caused  from bad diets. Only a small percentage have diagnosed svt though. Pretty likely that a high percentage of svt sufferers will also suffer heartburn by coincidence. Good luck with your theory though.
  • Posted

They are definitely connected though the doctors wont agree. I was time I had SVT when my pulse shot upto 245 on two different occasions. Other than that I had extend fatigue. General feeling of being emotionally low and very low enthusiasm. I was asked to do a holter test and the cardiologist suggested I may require medication. Then I called my homeopath who told me I had severe acidity. I started taking homeopathy and now all symptoms have disappeared. I am back on energy and emotionally sorted. No more tachycardia symptoms either. Please address your acidity first.
  • Posted

I agree with a few of the fellow posters...cardiologists just seem to refuse to admit that there is a correlation between the vagus (or vagal) nerve and SVT. That nerve runs from the side of the heart all the way down and behind the stomach. Lots of people, myself included, can get arrythmia just by bending over. To me, that confirms that there

is a correlation between the two.  

• Posted

I believe this is true. I believe that when the SVT happens, it's because the nerve is irritated by the stomach. 

• Posted

When I started having SVT, I started reading about the Vegas nerve and I believe it does too. That nerve controls a lot of the heart. I brought that up to my 2 cardiologists and my family doctor and they  all "blew me off".they especially don't like it when you read and try to figure out for yourself what is going on, but they don't have answers either. Did the herbologist suggest doing anything? 

• Posted

I got horrible food poisoning last year  that landed me in the hospital and my abdomen blew up like an over extended balloon. It was like that for 8 months and I started having frequent bouts of SVT but the doctors wouldn't accept a correlation. I had an ablation and haven't had anymore SVT, but since the ablation my heart will go from 76 to 110 by walking across the room. The doctor told it is because I might be deconditioned. That is so lame!!!!

• Posted

In searching about this topic on google, I found an abstract of an article entitled GERD Symptoms Linked to Cardiac Dysrhythmias, Sept. 29, 2006 on www.jwatch.org .  So it has been studied!

• Posted

Thank You for your research I have not had time to check out the study I know this might sound weird but I also believe that SVT is  an  electrical seizure  , have you ever noticed when you’re on a monitor the bottom line of the monitor for me is a flat  line When I inquired what that meant they couldn’t give me an answer with your electrical field wine look like when you’re having an SVT attack
  • Posted

Hello.. im not sure about that but just wanted to let you know something that has eliminated my SVT.. its been about a year now that i havent had it! Besides cutting out all alcohol and coffee, and low salt i have introduced Chamomile tea and i have it a minimum of 3 times a day after each meal.. then sometimes before i sleep.. it has helped me inmensly!! I cannot live without it! I take on trips too! Just wanted to share with anyone with SVT and hope it helps them as much as it helped me.. hope ur better.. 
    • Posted

You forgot to mention what it was that you’re taking three times a day and one you go on vacation
    • Posted

Yea i wrote Chamomile tea.. if u read above i said i introduced chamomile tea.. u have to make sure thats the only ingredient in the teA. 
    • Posted

Thank You and you did mention it 

Just think something so simple

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.